Holding Hope Marriage and Family Therapy, PLLC
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including:
- Information you provide directly to us: This includes information you provide when you fill out forms on our website, schedule an appointment, or communicate with us via email, phone, or text message. This information may include your name, contact information, health history, and reasons for seeking therapy.
- Information collected automatically: When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically using cookies and other tracking technologies. This information may include your IP address, browser type, and how you interact with our website.
Use and Disclosure of Health Information
We use and disclose your health information for treatment, payment, and healthcare operations, in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other applicable laws. This includes:
- Treatment: We will not shared your information with other healthcare providers involved in your care without your written consent.
- Payment: We may use your health information to communicate with your insurance provider with regard to payment or reimbursement for our services.
- Healthcare operations: We use your health information for quality improvement activities, such as training staff and evaluating our services.
- We will never disclose your health information for marketing purposes without your written consent.
Authorization and Consent
Certain uses and disclosures of your health information, especially psychotherapy notes, require your explicit authorization. We will obtain your authorization before using or disclosing your psychotherapy notes for any purposes other than treatment, payment, or healthcare operations. You may revoke this authorization at any time, except to the extent that actions have been taken based on the consent.
Rights and Choices
You have the following rights regarding your personal health information:
- Right to request restrictions on use: You have the right to request that we restrict the use of your health information for certain purposes, such as sharing it with third-party marketing companies.
- Right to access and obtain copies: You have the right to access and obtain copies of your health information.
- Right to request amendments: You have the right to request that we amend your health information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to receive an accounting of disclosures: You have the right to receive an accounting of all disclosures of your health information made over the past six years.
- Right to request communication of PHI in a specific way or at alternative locations: You have the right to request that we communicate your health information to you in a specific way or at an alternative location.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the email address or phone number below.
We implement robust security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification, including encryption of devices and use of HIPAA compliant web platforms for clinical documentation and telehealth.
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these external sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of other websites that collect personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your information as required by law, for example, in response to a court order or legal process. We will also comply with law enforcement requests and public health reporting requirements.
For questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (917) 740-7199.